Friday, September 20, 2013

Making a regular day into something special

Kids have a great day of turning your ordinary day into something special. My kids are no different. At the drop of a hat, they will come up with themes for a day.

Noah created Fairy Tale Friday. The problem was that he only gave me one day notice. So I had to throw some things together.

First up, we made gingerbread men out of felt. And there were crowns, of course. Can't have a fairy tale without crowns.


I decorated the dining room table. Yes, that is Cinderella. Did I buy it because the boys thought she was cute, or because it was on sale? 



After dinner, we sat down to watch Jack and the Giant Slayer. 



Followed by gingerbread men cookies. They were made by hand, so they looked more like Jabba the Hut.

Nothing fancy. Just a few things thrown together to make the day a little more special. The kids came up with it all on their own. And they really loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment