Friday, August 23, 2013

First day of school

The boys both transitioned to new schools this year. Nik is a high school freshman, and Noah is in middle school now. I can't believe how fast time flies. Before I know it, Nik will be building a house for his wife. At least, that's what he says he has planned in the future. I hope he builds a back house for Alex and I.

I was calm about this transition thing all summer long. Then the first day of school rolled along. I admit that I was a tad nervous. But of course, my kids did great. There was that one e-mail from the high school that wanted to know why  Nik did not show up to class on the first day. I called the attendance clerk and tried to explain that he was at school that very moment. And furthermore, it would be hard for him to ditch PE, considering he was being followed around by a para. Because we all know that having a para as your shadow is enough to ruin the best ditching plans. Of course, that e-mail was all a misunderstanding. Nik was at PE, and not at the smoking corner or whatever it is that the ditching kids do now days.

Nik is adjust well to high school. He is taking Beginning Acting, and loving it. Today he is getting up in front of the class and demonstrating how his grandma walks. Go Nik!

Noah is also adjusting well. I have only had one call home. And one day Noah also called to check up on me. He is making cinnamon rolls at school today. I'm sure he will be a happy boy when they get to eat them.

So, here are my happy boys on the first day of school. They had smiles going off to school, and even bigger smiles coming home.








And in other news, Alex left me home alone with these this morning. I will have to restrain myself somehow.  




No comments:

Post a Comment