Friday, January 16, 2015

The quest for more makeup- Ipsy Glam Bags!

I love makeup. I can spend forever at Ulta, or any makeup counter. There's nothing like a new BB cream or eye shadow. I should know. I bought new BB cream and eye shadow today (Dream First BB cream by Maybelline, and Adorable Shadow Palette by NYX).  Love them both!

This month, I am finally receiving my first Ipsy bag. I had been receiving Beauty Box 5 every month, but canceled once I got off of the long Ipsy wait list. Plus, Ipsy is $2 cheaper. For $10 a month, you get a customized sample of beauty products, plus a make up bag from Ipsy. You complete a questionnaire so that they know what type of products to include in your Ipsy bag.

Here is what was in my bag. From the moment I opened my mailbox, I loved what I saw. Pink!

This is the make up bag. It's probably not big enough to use when I travel, but it's the perfect size to throw in my handbag. 


It was blue on one side,


and white on the other. White? Not a good color, but what are you going to do?


And here is what was inside.

On the left:
  • Bella Pierre Shimmer Powder in excite. The color is like a shimmery white. I'm not sure about the color. I'm not big on white. I tend to like browns and pinks for shadow colors.
  • Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut eye color in Treasure. I love this one. The color is will look nice all over the lid. But the packaging was kind of flimsy. The little case was glued into the box. I had to tear it up to get to the shadow. And the shadow case feels like cheap plastic. It's not something I would keep in my handbag for that reason. 
  • Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream. It's a small sample, but the cream does feel nice and moisturizing.
On the right:
  • Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush- I really like the brush. I will definitely use it. And it's pink!
  • Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm- I like this too. I will pass this on to Nik, since the winter tends to dry out his lips. It doesn't have a scent or weird taste, so I think he will like this.



That's it. There were some hits and some misses with my first Ipsy. But I would say that I got my $10 worth. I love that it comes in a make up bag! I will keep subscribing for now.

If I had to compare between the 2, I would say that I liked my Beauty Box 5 subscription better. But with Ipsy, you control the type of products you receive, based on a make up questionnaire. So I think I will go back to my Ipsy questionnaire and change things up a bit. Let's see what I get in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment