Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"I'm going on an adventure!" Bilbo Baggins. Day 1 California

Every other year, we make it back to California for Christmas. This was the year. The day before our flight, we had snow. The kids had fun outside while Alex and I packed up.
Ok, I have no idea how I made that picture snow, but I'm a genius.

We had a 6:30 am flight, so this meant we had to get up at 4am. Yikes! The boys were so excited, they were pretty easy to wake up. We had the minivan loaded up, and pulled away from the house by 5am. The check in line was long, but it moved fast. We made it just in time for boarding. Phew!

It's just a 3 hour flight to LAX. What a nightmare that airport is. But one nice thing about it, is that it has See's Candy. Yay!


I resisted the urge to buy, and we headed straight to the shuttle pick up area. Although the airport was pretty busy, our private van picked us up in no time flat. Before I could say "andele", we were on the freeway, with Santana blasting on the radio. We're back!

We always stay with my in-laws. We got to their house in less than an hour. We were so happy to see everyone. We spent time just chatting and enjoying the sun. After a few hours, we headed over to see my mom. By that time, we were all hungry. Where else could we eat, but In N Out, of course! No visit back to California is complete without a stop here. So we picked my mom up, and headed to In N Out. I miss In N Out, but I miss mom more!




3 comments:

  1. You ARE a genius! That snowing picture is so freaking cool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, look. It let me comment! Blogger finally acknowledges that I'm not a robot. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get too excited. Sometimes I can post on Hadley's blog. Other times I can't. Lol.

      Delete