Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dinosaurs and a hat

This was our last full day in LA. We had plans to meet up with my mom, go to the movies, then have lunch at The Hat. I called mom to give her a pick up time, but she informed me she was sick. :( Apparently, she had developed a sore throat, had chills and felt pretty crummy. She did not want to get us sick, assured me that she was stocked with plenty of soup, medicine, and tissue. Then she ordered me not to go near her. :(

We were sad to not have another visit. But we decided to still carry on with the rest of our plans. The kids wanted to see Walking with Dinosaurs. Oh look, a photo op.







 The movie was fine. And by fine, I mean that I didn't fall asleep. If you hear me say that I didn't fall asleep in a kids movie, that's the equivalent to Siskel and Eberts two thumbs up.
The kids really enjoyed the movie. You can't go wrong with dinosaurs with my kids. After the movie, we headed to The Hat. This place is junk food Heaven. I ate many high school meals at this joint.  So good!
OMG! The Hat!


Since it was in the high 70's (in the winter!!!), we decided to sit outside.


Here is just a sampling of what we ate. Cheeseburgers and chili fries. 

After lunch, we decided to high tail it back to the in laws before rush hour. Traffic starts early in Southern California. As we were driving back, I spotted the San Gabriel mountains. When we still lived here, Alex and I had a perfect view of these mountains from my home. I rag on California allot. Mostly because it really is not suited for my family. Special education is pretty bad there. The traffic is a nightmare. Homes are ridiculously overpriced. Smog. A lack of four seasons (I love fall foliage and a good winter snow storm). And people are not as friendly. I mean, who wants to be friendly after sitting in traffic for an hour? But there is some beauty to the state.



No comments:

Post a Comment