Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lunch with Benny

One of the things I love about visiting California, is that I get to visit dear friends. We all worked in the same office when I lived in California. We always meet for lunch at Bob's Big Boy. It's tradition, dammit. This time, it was just Benny and I. But it's not a party without Benny, so I was happy.

Now , I have met some awesome people here, but they can't hold a candle to Benny's awesomeness. He brings it to a whole new level. When we get together, two things will happen. We will insult each other like crazy. And we will laugh hysterically. With my group of California friends, I can be me. That means there's allot of joking around.

Anyway, Benny was nice enough to offer me a ride to Bob's Big Boy. Joke #1 had him asking me if I needed a fork lift to get into his car. We had a nice lunch, chatting about life, talking about the insanity of my former and his current office, laughing and making fun of each other and the friends who stood us up that day. Good times.

The highlight of the meal involved the waitress asking him if he wanted a Diet Coke. Poor Benny. That didn't stop me from laughing at him.

Here is our food.

We failed to take a picture of each other. Wait, no we didn't. Here's Benny and I.

Actually, this is Bob and I. Bob is thinner than Benny. We had a fabulous time. I miss my friends so much. I'm blessed to have them in my life. Now get married, Benny. You're getting old, dammit! And it's finally legal in California. Find some dope and get hitched!  See you in July, my friend. I'll buy you a DIET Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment